Dial -up Connection Setup
The screenshots in this section relate to Microsoft Windows 95 and Microsoft Windows 98.
- Click on "Start" in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen.
- Type "inetwiz" in the pop-up box and click "OK".
- The Internet Connection Wizard should open. Select the first option, "Connect using my phone line". Click "Next".
- Type in the Internet Dial-Up number provided by Maxitec If you need to dial a zero (0) or any other number to access an outside line (e.g. dialing through a switchboard), then the 0 or the other number that you need to dial must be in front of the area code, followed by the Dial-Up number, i.e.: 0, code, number (0,0212345678).Uncheck "Dial using the area code and country code" and click "Next".
- Fill in your username and your password provided by Maxitec. Note that the username and password are case-sensitive. The username is always in lower case. Click "Next"
- Type in the connection name of your choice, e.g. ("Maxitec, My Connection, Home, My Internet, etc. ...") Click "Next"
- When it prompts you to set up your Internet mail account, select "Yes" and click "Next".
- Type in your name and surname, or your company name (capital letters, or in lower case).When someone receives an e-mail from you, this name will appear in the 'From' section of the e-mail.Click "Next"
- Type in your e-mail address in lower case and click "Next".
- Select "POP3" as your incoming mail server type.
Type the "Incoming and Outgoing" mail server names in lower case in the relevant spaces.
When you're done, Click "Next".
Now click "Finish".