The screenshots supplied in section all relate to Microsoft Windows NT.
- Click on "Start" in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen. Click on "Run"
- Type "inetwiz" in the pop-up box and click "OK".
- The Internet Connection Wizard should open. Select the third option, ("I want to set up my Internet connection manually, or I want to connect through a local area network (LAN)"). Click "Next"
- Select the first option, "I connect through a phone line and a modem", then click "Next".
- Type in the Internet Dial-Up number provided by Maxitec. If you need to dial a zero (0), or any other number, to access an outside line (e.g. dialing through a switchboard), then the 0 (or the other number that you need to dial) must be in front of the area code, followed by the Dial-Up number. i.e.: 0, code, number (0, 0212345678). Select South Africa in "Country/region name and code" Uncheck "Dial using the area code and country code/Dialing Rules".
- Fill in your username and your password. Note that the username and password are case-sensitive. The username is always in lowercase. Click "Next"
- Type in the connection name, e.g.(" Maxitec, My Connection, Home, etc... "). Click "Next".
- Where it prompts you to set up your Internet mail account, select "Yes" and click "Next".
- Type in your name and surname or your company name (capital letters or in lowercase).
When someone receives an e-mail from you, the name you have chosen will appear in the 'From' section of the e-mail. Click "Next"
- Type in your e-mail address in lowercase and click "Next".
- Select "POP3" as your incoming mail server type. Type the "Incoming and Outgoing" mail server names in lowercase in the relevant spaces. Click "Next"
- Fill in your username your password. Note that the username and password are case-sensitive. Selecting "Remember password" is optional. Do not check "Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)". Click "Next"